Who owns a Race horse?

boys

News on Pj,s Horse, The dog is also time trailling and should race in about 8 or so weeks, Rob, Luke has put the last paragraph in for you to give him his usual hiding, also if you want to join me for the trail next Tueday morning your more than welcome.

I will arrange photo soon;-) ;-)

PJ

Bella is trialling next Tuesday 12th July. I dont know what time but it will be in the morning. a guess would be between 9.30 - 10.30. it will be at the gold coast turf club.

We will see what happens after that.

The information will be on the net on friday, so I will let you know when it comes out.

For the benefit of the cigar club, the trainer says that she is a champion who should win the Melbourne cup, apparently Phar Lap could only hope to be this good. Pj Byrne is booked as the jockey for the cup, so he is on a strict diet of grain and grass. I recieved an offer to buy her for $20,000,000 but as I dont like round numbers I rejected it.

Luke

Colt...I would back your horse over Deans :-)

Brief History.

Zodiac Star had won $204,000 in prizemoney....$200,000 before Dean purchased him.

The theory was solid...why gamble on a yearling when you can buy an experienced 6 year old with a bad back who knows it's way to the line. Unfortunately, Fetlock surgery, Nasal pasage surgery and a hate of warm days meant thet Zodiac Stars best days under Deans stewardship were short (May 16-May 18 2003).

Dean is a stallwart club member and Coffee King of our great State. He owns and runs the best coffee roasting house in the country and the roasts the best coffee bar none (Our humidor is in the coffee building....fresh roasted espresso and the best humidor in the country..how could you go wrong.)

When he announced to us that he was purchasing another race horse we kept a straight face until he mentioned that he wanted to call it "Latte Lad"

PJ...explained to Dean that all the other horses would think "Latte Lad" was ***...and suggested "Double Shot". And so it is :-)

Beautiful Horses .....my daughter would love one of those.

No Dean did not buy his racehorse off e-bay :lol2:

I remember one day he called the horse trainers home number to discuss a hefty medical bill and reached the trainers wife.

"Can I speak to Jack"

"Jack is out at work"

" At the track?"

".......ah no.....he is a brickie (lays bricks) during the day and trains horses on weekends"

"Hello...Hello.....Hello...are you there Dean"

I had tears of laughter running down my face

:lol2:

• 3 years later...

Three FOH members that I know own a racehorse:

PJ "La Bella Mer" (Also owns a greyhound called "Don't tell the wife")

Shagga "Irish Ambition"

Dean Merlo "Double Shot" (Picture Below of Dean's previous racehorse Zodiac Star)

Give us an update fella's as to where these nags are at in their preparation. I would like to follow their upcoming races and when possible, arrange a FOH race day. Never miss an opportunity for a party :lol:

image120.jpg