Cohiba Corona Especiales

Sept 01

152mm 5.98 Inches

38 Ring Gauge

Enjoyed this cigar as the opening cigar of our State of Origin Cigar Dinner. It had a pale uninspiring wrapper but the Cuban cut revealed a perfect draw. Smell at cold was Cohiba sweet spice.

One of my favourite vitola. The cigar opens up with class...structure, finesse and poise. Aged Cohiba cream, honey and milk cofee. SUPERB. This cigar was a thoroughbred. It maintained it's composure, flavour profile and medium to full bodied intensity to the very end. Even with the Rugby playing out on the big screen in front of me, I kept looking at the cigar and thinking "How good is this!".

The honey sweetness and cream is what really strikes you. It acts like the dance of the seven veils as every time you think you can define the cigar...it reveals something new.

We have all had those magnificent cigar moments. When 2005 closes I will certainly consider this as one of Cigar moments of the year.

You are right Bwana… one good cigar and one often overlooked by those who prefer ‘girth.’ I enjoy this one as well, my current smoking box is also of ’01 vintage.

These, the Lanceros, and the S-3 are the best of Cohiba’s line… MHO!