150 Aniversario RyJ Hermosos #3

From the Aniversario 510 Humidor #433 (where else?)

Not sure on the size (must remember to measure before smoking) - believe it to be of a 5.5" X 49 ring?

Construction – excellent feel and weight.

Appearance – This Parejo sports very nice dark wrapper but not IMO as nice as the previous RyJ Hermosos. Though slightly veiny in appearance it still looked top shelf.

Cut crisply and had a lovely pre-light draw that tasted of earthy/leather with a hint of molasses.

Lit up easily - that is when things got interesting. The pre-draw taste had mislead me – as I was immediately greeted with a blast of spice that made me think maybe I had bit off more than I could chew for early afternoon. After a couple of more draws (and switching from water to an aged single malt) – she started to quiet down on spice and ramped up with a good woody flavor. About 1/3 in – the woody flavors lessened and a citrus peel taste seemed more predominant. This new combination was pleasing but short lived. I was surprised again when, at about the halfway mark, that lovely flavor went pale but got noticeably creamier (now I was confused).

My blissful journey came to an abrupt halt – the damn thing went cold. I was stunned!

What the heck happened is beyond me – one minute I was getting good volumes of rich tasting smoke and the next nada, zip, cold as well… I thought my ex-wife had returned.

Suffering a broken ego and wondering if my money had been wasted (just like the old days, Honey) I decided to Cowboy Up!! After a good purge and relight – off we went again……

Now, it is me with ½ (or less) to go on this smoking adventure…..

Short and sweet …..The best we had going after that - a sweet grassy taste with a much too strong of a finish…..

What do you expect for a nub that had to be relit????

Sorry – great build up and get left flat – they is the apples………………

Now - if one of you say “they are better with a few years” ------- Ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

All in all – a Bud rating = 90/100 …… wonderful smoke, just bad timing - BUD

What a great review Bud :clap:

What keeps me coming back to Cubans is the anticipation of the flavour journey. A great cigar takes you for a ride....may not be to your taste...but it takes you for a spin regardless.

Interesting review Bud and one that not many people will ever be able to sample either. Sort of like a ride on a roller coaster, I love the thrill and the peaks and valleys. Gets the heart going and where she goes, nobody knows for sure. I wonder what they will taste like in a few years down the road as well......................;-)

» Interesting review Bud and one that not many people will ever be able to

» sample either. Sort of like a ride on a roller coaster, I love the thrill

» and the peaks and valleys. Gets the heart going and where she goes, nobody

» knows for sure. I wonder what they will taste like in a few years down the

» road as well......................;-)

Hope folks do not take my review the wrong way (you and Rob got the idea) - Quite frankly; given the opportunity, I would buy a couple of boxes (a cab would be nice) to see what these babies would be like in a few years.

If you got a sample of these - treat it like a good woman. Be patient - go slowly and enjoy what she has to offer. Maturity would bring an experience I am sure everyone could appreciate ;-)

If all this myriad of flavor melds together - I would say this one would go 97 or better. :love: