01 H. Upmann Corona

The Upmann line is my favorite overall brand, so naturally this corona should please. And it sure did! I am not a great reviewer as many of you, but here are my thoughts.

The corona was boxpressed with a slight reddish hue to the velvet-like colorado wrapper. Construction was absolutely perfect as was the draw. It burned straight and held an ash for well over an inch. I would say that it started out on the lighter side of medium strength and built continuously all the way to the end, finishing right about medium.

The flavors were very clean Cuban tobacco with a slight sweetness at the beginning that increased to the end. It also picked up a nice cedar aroma just past the halfway point. I really am not doing this cigar justice, but I would definately like to pick up another box or two in the next year.

All right, now tear my review apart! ;-)

Nice review. Thanks! Love the H Upmann line. Smoke plenty of the petite coronas and No. 2s...current favorite is the Super Corona. Love the lonsdale as well...softer Upmann taste.

However, I have a box of the Coronas on the way to me now. Can't wait to try them. According to the lists I have seen, they have been discontinued and I have had a lot of trouble finding them.

Thanks again for the review...my apetite is now whetted.:hungry:

» Thanks, Dave. Never had an Upmann corona, but I sure like a lot of other

» H.U.'s. Can you compare the strength and flavor to others of this marque?

Well it doesn't have as much earthiness as presend in the #2s, Conn #1s, and Monarchs and isn't nearly as sweet as the Super Coronas. I would say strengthwise it is just above the Super Corona but milder than most all the other hand made sizes. Again, I wish I was better at describing cigars.

» » Thanks, Dave. Never had an Upmann corona, but I sure like a lot of other

» » H.U.'s. Can you compare the strength and flavor to others of this

» marque?

»

»

» Well it doesn't have as much earthiness as presend in the #2s, Conn #1s,

» and Monarchs and isn't nearly as sweet as the Super Coronas. I would say

» strengthwise it is just above the Super Corona but milder than most all

» the other hand made sizes. Again, I wish I was better at describing

» cigars.

That was helpful, Dave. Thanks. :-)