El Ray Del Mundo Choix Supreme

Name: El Ray Del Mundo Choix Supreme

Length: 5"

Ring: 48

Box Code: Unknown (recent release)

A long day at work, time to relax on the patio with a smoke. I chose a Choix Supreme, my first out of a handful I had purchased several months ago. My wife joined me, bringing a bottle of chilled white merlot from a local winery, a refreshing beverage for a warm Arizona afternoon.

Tasting Notes...

The cigar was nicely constructed, medium brown in color and lightly veined, with a slight oily sheen reflecting the afternoon sun. Pre-light odors were of honey and hay, which my wife commented on as I ignited it. Evenly burning, with a perfectly shaped grey ash, I detected initial flavors of carob and hazelnut coffee, slightly bitter but not really unpleasant. Midway through, it picked up a very slight floral hint, and a lot of pepper. Despite the pre-light aroma of honey, the sweet taste I was anticipating never materialized, perhaps the (overly) sweet wine was overpowering it. Unfortunately, a large crack appearing in the wrapper at just over the 2" mark forced me to resign this cigar to the ashtray before it's time.

Summary...

Overall an enjoyable cigar, but somehow it left me expecting more. I'm assuming the youth of the cigar probably accounts for that. I'll sit on the remainder in my humidor for a few months, and revist it then.

Thanks for reading!

Great review SmokinLightning well done:-)

The Choix is one of my favourites milder than most yes but always packed with flavour and great aroma.

A very reliable quality smoke and always in my humidor.

Those sweet notes will develop with a little more time. The review was spot on for a young Choix Supreme...sort of like a gangly 14 year old youth...loads of promise but right now, uncoordinated as hell.