Humidor 510th Anniversary Photo Shoot

I smoked the Espléndidos de Cohiba last night while with friends sitting outside in Orlando, I think Professor Twain has a photo of me. For some reason, he told me I was smoking some Fancy Smancy Cigar, I told him he was jealous and that it was a Special cigar and enjoyed with special friends.:-D

BTW, It was one of the very best Espléndidos I have ever smoked!:love:

• 11 months later...

A series of 510 numbered humidors is presented to celebrate the 510th anniversary of the arrival of tobacco to the Old World, when Christopher Columbus took with him to Europe the first tobacco plants he had seen after landing on the island of Cuba.

Number 510 of this series was sold for US$15 000 at the gala dinner celebrated during the latest Habano festival, in an auction in favor of the Cuban public health system.

Each one of these humidors contains 100 cigars in the following five vitolas:

20 Espléndidos de Cohiba

20 Montecristo No. 2

20 Epicure No. 1 of Hoyo de Monterrey

20 Royales de Partagás

20 Hermosos No. 3 of Romeo y Julieta

The last two vitolas mentioned above are a special production of their respective brands and were produced especially for this occasion. The new Royales de Partagás vitola corresponds to Vitola de Galera Felipe 24, whose sizes are those of a standard ring gauge, while Hermosos No. 3 of Romeo y Julieta are those of a heavy ring gauge.

image697.jpg

image698.jpg

image699.jpg

image700.jpg

image701.jpg

image702.jpg

image703.jpg

image704.jpg

image705.jpg

image707.jpg

image708.jpg

image709.jpg

image710.jpg

image711.jpg

For all of the newer members here. This humidor was put in a raffle to be won by a member of FOH.

You got a raffle ticket after buying a fiver of the cigars that were within it. Only 20 raffle tickets were available.

It looks VERY nice on my desk! ;-)

Rob, you and Lisa kick ass!!

Here's a couple of pics with a bundle of Taboada Conde 109's on it.

image4488.jpg

image4489.jpg