Taboada Pyramide

» I have arranged to bring back about 75 of Hamlet's Salomones when I am in

» Havana end July. Will certainly make them available as singles to FOH

» members (who have not tried customs) so that you can at least try one.

I'll take 75! :-D

»I've never tried a customed rolled but I sure would like to. :-P

What makes the blend so different , is it some leaf that they grow special, or just all premium leaf that would never be blended in a production stick?

Hamlet works at the Romeo y Julieta Divan while Ramses is at Partagas. Both work in the Divan as opposed to the actual rolling rooms. Arnaldo Briones was also at Romeo y Julieta as a supervisor but has been moved since October 2005. The R&J factory has been closed for refurbishment. Only the Divan remains open at R&J. I will catch up with Arnaldo in July as I ran out of time in Feb.

Hamlet has his own blend. He assesses the tobacco brought to him (selected to his instruction) before he starts to roll his cigars. He uses more Ligero in his Salomones and hence the Salomones are his stronger cigar. Ramses works to the same system.

Hamlet is a star roller and a personality. He is highly sought after. He is also a hilarious, opinionated and troublemaking SOB who both Ken and I are proud to call a mate. We have got into plenty of trouble together more than once :-D

I am in Las Vegas for the RTDA in July and it makes no sense not to head to Havana since I have already travelled 20+ hours. We are importing Cabinet Humidors from Havana as well as other artifacts (I set this up in March) and I want to return and cement some relationships recently established.

Yes...my wife is a saint ;-)

Birthday is June 2nd....

Birthday is June 2nd....

Birthday is June 2nd....

Birthday is June 2nd....

Birthday is June 2nd....

Birthday is June 2nd....

Birthday is June 2nd....

Birthday is June 2nd....