Patoro Terre Blanche Gordo (FRWMay24)

Continuing my search for NC cigars that come close to what I love most in the CC experience. I've heard good things about this one with regard to flavor profile and experience. These aren't cheap, around $18 or so and they aren't super common.

First third, start nice, smooth creamy smoke about medium light in body. Flavors are semi sweet with buttercream, roasted nuts and a little bit of earth.

Second third, the body is closer to medium with same flavors though the buttercream is closer to creme brulee. None of the flavors are super pronounce but they are enjoyable and balanced and smooth. Performance is perfect.

Final third, the sweetness,  almost honeycomb candy like now, and earth has ticked up a tad. Everything else is the same. The retro through the whole cigar is easy but not perfectly smooth, just a very slight tingle. Smoke texture is still creamy, even in the final third.

This is definitely an enjoyable cigar in a similar vein of CC style of more confectionary flavors in a creamy profile with no real pepper and is not a woody Connecticut, which I like. Obviously, the sourdough type twang is missing and I wish the flavor was more pronounced. That would have made this a CC "killer" in my opinion but, it is good nonetheless. I will have to try more of these to test consistency. I put this at a 93-94 and would recommend this for those whom like CC's to try.

20240524_103712.jpg

20240524_105814.jpg

20240524_112018.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for the review. 
I tried the Lancero and found it boring & disappointed, but I am happy to read you like the Gordo. Will give the Lancero another go. 

• Like 2