Hey all! First time posting. 

In the beginning stages of outfitting a spare bedroom into my cigar/bourbon room. 12’x13’ room 9’ ceilings. Planning on running a 10” inline exhaust fan for ventilation which would provide at least 1 air exchange per minute. Going for dark grey walls/ceiling, wood floor (lvp), crown moulding/trim on walls for that speakeasy vintage vibe.

Just curious has anyone else in here built a home lounge. What issues you had? What would you have done differently? Tips/tricks? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, maduro69 said:

Just curious has anyone else in here built a home lounge. What issues you had? What would you have done differently? Tips/tricks?

I have a cigar lounge/pool table in my basement and I really enjoy it but I would do some things differently if I had to do it again.

My walls and ceiling are white (were white...) and I have a similar ventilation fan but it's not effective enough imo, you should probably upgrade it.

My two cents...

• Thanks 1

You want some of the smoke to stay in the room while smoking. Too much exhaust and you'll hardly be able to taste the cigar. Vapor barrier should be considered as well. Make sure the wall finishing is washable.

9 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Make sure the wall finishing is washable.

Mine is but still, it's a pain in the *ss so white. Should probably be avoided at all costs.

8 hours ago, Li Bai said:

Mine is but still, it's a pain in the *ss so white. Should probably be avoided at all costs.

You need to see the a ring around the art once it's taken down. Let the tobacco stains be pronounced!

• Haha 3