BEST FLY FISHING IN Australia 🇦🇺?

CigarCulture09

Looking to get an Australian’s opinion on where the best places to fly fish in 🇦🇺 are? 

1 hour ago, CigarCulture09 said:

Looking to get an Australian’s opinion on where the best places to fly fish in 🇦🇺 are? 

would completely depend on the sort of flyfishing you want. trout, tassie. sailfish perhaps Hervey bay and surrounds. salt water probably off Exmouth in WA. reef fish, barrier reef. close in tuna, hard to beat the sunshine coast. there are various lakes - some manmade - with fish like saratoga, barra, bass etc in Qld, but barra, north Qld and NT. just watch the crocs. all those places have others that challenge them and other people will have legit alternatives. 

Wow, you obviously have fished all over Australia. This is extremely detailed information that will be very useful to me. Thank you very much for all of the help. 

45 minutes ago, CigarCulture09 said:

Wow, you obviously have fished all over Australia. This is extremely detailed information that will be very useful to me. Thank you very much for all of the help. 

sadly i have not fished them all. 

I live in the U.S. but spend a lot of time here in Australia. The only fly fishing I have done so far here in Australia has been on the Yarra River in Victoria. Talk about a beautiful place. Have you ever done any fishing in the U.S. or Canada (British Columbia)? 

15 minutes ago, CigarCulture09 said:

I live in the U.S. but spend a lot of time here in Australia. The only fly fishing I have done so far here in Australia has been on the Yarra River in Victoria. Talk about a beautiful place. Have you ever done any fishing in the U.S. or Canada (British Columbia)? 

lived in DC for a while but never got the chance. 

have fished Cuba, Chile and Costa Rica. varying success. 

Cuba, Chile and Costa Rica sound awesome. Never fished when I was in Cuba but would love to. If you’re ever in South Florida please reach out and we can go fishing. Florida Keys are great. 

10 hours ago, CigarCulture09 said:

Cuba, Chile and Costa Rica sound awesome. Never fished when I was in Cuba but would love to. If you’re ever in South Florida please reach out and we can go fishing. Florida Keys are great. 

will definitely do! 

• Like 1