US stolen cars being sent to Cuba?

image.png

https://www.cibercuba.com/noticias/2024-02-29-u1-e43231-s27061-bmw-chapa-florida-sorprende-calle-pinar-rio

In a bizarre incident in Pinar del Rio on Wednesday, a BMW with Florida license plates was caught out of a car.

The incident took place on the famous Maceo Street in the city of Pinar del Rio and despite the distance between the two cars you can see on the license plate two oranges with orange blossoms and the green on the Florida car license plate Letters since 2003..

In this case, it’s a luxury BMW M50i that sells for over $80,000 new.

The video, shared on TikTok by a user who goes by the name La Thaly, sparked mixed reactions.

Many are questioning what the government calls a “lockdown” as more U.S.-made cars circulate in the country.

Others claim that many cars stolen in the United States end up in Cuba, sheet metal, etc.

“There is evidence that cars stolen in the United States are circulating in Cuba, just as what happens in Venezuela, and that they arrive and are rented out, with false documents attached,” said a young man from Miami.

Another said: “100% wrong. Owners in Florida are screaming now. Same thing happened to the Mustang and the owner saw it in Cuba.”

“Those are the gang’s cars. Crab They were stolen in the United States, shipped to Mexico and from there to Cuba,” a third person said.

Many people mentioned the cost of tires, oil changes and general maintenance for cars on the island, the poor quality of the gasoline and the potholes on the streets.

One joker commented that the BMW owner was being deported, car and everything.

“Oh my gosh, Cubans have nicer cars than the ones I live in America,” one girl commented.

“No bread, but metal plates,” said another.

One user highlighted: “Even estate agents’ Rolls-Royces are now showing up in Cuba.” Spectacular private Land Rover that surprises Holguin residents this week.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The BMW is probably from Miami. Looks like rich foreigners are flocking into the island with their Fancy cars like that glory days of Cuba....

12 hours ago, Pmo13 said:

The irony here being many Americans would probably like to steal a few of the cars from Cuba.

Yeah, love to get my hands on this beauty!

IMG_3005.jpeg.852e0e5877d44d7b7ea64010c8de6a7a.jpeg

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Pmo13 said:

The irony here being many Americans would probably like to steal a few of the cars from Cuba.

The real irony is there is barely any gasoline on the island to fuel up a BMW. The quality of gasoline is likely crap also. A BMW is worthless there. Unless you just want a display piece.

1 hour ago, Arabian said:

you need an invitation to get your hand on the legendry Lada. 

I'm sure that these lads could use a hand...

Lada.jpeg.4704a3065cf60481d4fed1d2c4f69b07.jpeg