Cubans and Tourists Without Bread Until the End of March

Cubans and Tourists Without Bread Until the End of March

despite a donation of Russian wheat

bread-rolls-25-2-600x338.webp
The substitute products added to bread – such as cassava, pumpkin, or rice – are not a solution, as they only make up 15% of the total needed to produce it / 14ymedio

Of the five mills on the Island, only one, the one in Cienfuegos, is operational

By 14ymedio

HAVANA TIMES – Once again, there is little bread in Cuba due to a lack of flour. The “complex situation,” as the official press defines it, will last until the end of March, according to Emerio Gonzalez Lorenzo, president of the Food Industry Business Group.

CONTINUED

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

54 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Don't know about this one...seems to be plenty of bread around here and I haven't heard any Cuban telling me otherwise. 

Are you sure it is bread? Could be another substitute cheese scenario..... :P

8 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Don't know about this one...seems to be plenty of bread around here and I haven't heard any Cuban telling me otherwise. 

So they've hijacked all the bread for the festival participants? Maybe the 'aged blue bread' available only at the premium gala dinner will be especial.

I'm on the ground and can confirm there are two markets...the public one which is mentioned above i.e. govt rations is gone, there's no bread 🍞🍞 and the Pvt market- there is some but you need to have $$$USD on hand

• Like 1