Suspect Quai D'Orsay Senadores

Hi, I bought a Senadores lately as a single, I smoked it and it tasted fine but  I found the number 53/56 on the back of the limitada band. The Senadores is a 48 ring gauge cigar so how it comes in the limitada band is saying 53/56.

I will add that on the back of the Quai d'Orsay band, 48 is the number written as it should. I checked on CCW and the band looks legit, embossed, everything on place.

IMG_20240107_020806.jpg

I had Cigars where the band shows different number than the actual ring gauge. I believe the LE 2019 band was being used for other cigars as well (Monte, RA). I think that would make it much easier for them just to go with the higher RG band and slap it on all of them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arabian said:

I had Cigars where the band shows different number than the actual ring gauge. I believe the LE 2019 band was being used for other cigars as well (Monte, RA). I think that would make it much easier for them just to go with the higher RG band and slap it on all of them.

Yes I believe the supremos had a 55 ring gauge and were released in the same year.

It tasted legit for sure, smoked it till the last 2 inches and there was almost no bitterness to it but let's wait and see if any foh member has one already and could check if the limitada band has the same 53/56 number.

FWIW , mine have 48 on both bands. This thread was a good excuse to crack this box 😁

IMG_2530.jpeg.15ae63b12490cdcce3960f44dd92970d.jpeg

IMG_2533.jpeg.4108b3f2a36abef877d5e089aec00760.jpeg

• Like 4

I didn't notice it at first glance but the Senadores band on your cigar is a lot different than mine and other QdO bands. Unless it's a lighting/photography issue, I'd call your cigar out as a fake. Check the CCW website again, there isn't black shadowing on the word "Senadores" and the gold field doesn't have white rings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1