2023 Desnudo N5 Queen Corona Tasting Thread

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Christmas Rob!

Quick question, I love the concept of this Queen particularly as a Corona Grande lover BTW, but I see there's a note of orange peel in the tasting notes for this one and wondering if it strays into the gingerbread territory - like a few of the La Gloria Cubana particularly my deceased favourite the MDO#1? Seems a bit unlikely as there is also cocoa in there as opposed to the cedar base of the LGC's, but just asking anyway...

Thanks and enjoy the hols,  Xavier aka Frenchkiwi

p.s. I had a great semi-aged PLPC at golf yesterday, it had a touch of gingerbread also, although it was fresh out of the oven as I forgot it in the car for 9 holes. oops

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_0496.JPG.d54bab672aa98435305db549dde1e789.JPG

Arrived yesterday, they look and smell gorgeous with a wrapper colour on the darker side compared to the other releases. The temptation to sample one is crushing me but I've learned my lesson from previous DesNudo purchases, a minimum 30 day nap is mandatory.

• Like 2

My first one today. From a review competition prize, so has about 30 days down. It was magic. Similar profile to the other nudies, but found little bits of citrus along the way. Have a bundle resting and now very happy about it. 

Only time will tell, but won’t be surprised if this becomes my favourite of the lineup so far.

IMG_4275.jpeg.9e3585054505314f8bb512f3d25842f6.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First one today, more or less ROTT (about a week).  Taste profile... Hard to pin down to a specific marca, which the temptation to do is always hard to resist.  Rob says M3 meets Coloniales.   I thought I got a bit of HdM vanilla and cream, and a bit of Upmann coffee-earthiness.  Tons of creamy smoke.  Maybe a bit "closed" right off the truck, but no rough edges or sharpness.  Wrapper is darker than any of the other nudies I've had and the profile kind of matches that.  Looking forward to seeing how they develop in time, I'm guessing more cocoa and general sweetness will develop.

• Like 1