MOFOH SPADA GORDA TASTING THREAD

Spada Gorda  (Corona Gorda) Tasting Notes

This cigar was always going to be part of our rotation as the Corona Gorda is a go to format for me and many members on FOH. 

I was looking for a medium bodied honeyed profile along the lines of the H. Upmann Super Corona that were always a favourite of mine. 

Light medium to medium bodied, You will find honey, milk coffee espresso, citrus zest in a cigar that is never going to trouble you with edges and elbows.  Gorgeous. Give them a good 45 days down in your humidor to acclimatise. 

This will be a regular :thumbsup:

Spada Gorda  (Corona Gorda )  2023

Made by : Fabrica5
Factory Location: Honduras
Dimensions: 5 7/8 X 46
Fillers: Honduras / Nicaragua
Binder: Honduras
Wrapper: Honduras
Strength: Medium

image.png

Edited  by El Presidente

• Like 1

Nailed it on this one. I smoked a coronas major last night and then read your blend thoughts, so I figured I’d give the Spada Gorda a try tonight to compare. I love the darker Colorado wrapper, looks a lot like SLRDC.  Honey, citrus, dark rich coffee but no bitterness.  Medium body but rich flavor.  Quite the buzz kick as well. I’m sold, these go into the rotation. Will go great with my Honduran coffee I’ll bet.

IMG_2466.jpeg.9a26aab1529ac052296f4bc12a795ce1.jpeg

• Like 2

I've smoked one stick a week from the 30 day mark and have had maybe 4-5 sticks by now. I'll say the consistency and construction is a standout. Flavour wise .. I'm not getting it so far. I don't mean that it's terrible but it's very "middle of the road". I can't pick out any flavours other than a milk coffee with not enough milk. It is, however, very non offensive, in that there's nothing that I actually dislike. A consistent 6/10, while all of the nudies are consistent 8/10s. 

Would love to see it "pick a side", I can imagine it improving with either more milk/cream or toning up the bitter chocolate/sweetness mix. That said, I don't know sh*t about blending and I'm no connoisseur! 

• Like 1