Bolivar Petit Corona Unknown (2018-2020?)

yungchef

First time posting a review but felt somewhat inspired after smoking this Bolivar PC as I enjoyed it far more than I had expected. 

Purchased at LCDH Cabo (J&J's for those who know it) in July of 21'. Could not get a look at the date since those darn warning labels in Mexico are gargantuan. I enjoyed a dark roast coffee with this cigar. 

Notes before lighting: Wrapper was intensely dry, literally no visible oils. Wrapper was also very thin and was a light claro. Aroma was earthy fungus. 

First 1/3rd: This cigar took no time to get going,  first puff was a great indication of what was to come. Pumpernickel spice layered with coffee and dried prune. Body was a solid medium, burn razor sharp. Was a little concerned with the dry wrapper that I would be smoking a dud but that concern was quickly put to ease. 

Second 1/3rd: Some great development in flavor occurred during this phase. The prune was replaced with a delightful earthy backbone, and the pumpernickel transitioned into what I can best describe as guajillo pepper. It had spice...but none of the zestfulness that black or red pepper can present, the earthy note pushed the spice into something much deeper that complemented the other flavors wonderfully. Coffee remained. Body ramped up to med+. 

Final 1/3rd: Guajillo remained, coffee dried out while the earthiness ramped up. Odd, yet not unwelcome, blast of walnut at the end. Nubbed it (didn't take a ton of photos).

Smoke output throughout was generous, draw maybe a touch loose but still fine, burn was razor. Took about 45 minutes to smoke. 

Overall impressions: Thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish. Seems perfect for a genuinely enjoyable short smoke, just a flavor bomb that doesn't waste time. 

Rating: 90

20231022_114530.jpg.ac339c6ee43f3e94f76acc5498688851.jpg

20231022_120638.jpg.6b9b17c06824c4f9239fc35389b1eb7c.jpg

• Like 3