Cohiba 55 yr aniversario check

rondogg

Hey folks,

I have this Cohibaa 55 annviersio

I know have made a few mistakes on storing this 

1. I think it came in a 69% humi pack not a 65% - which I have since then correct

2. The cigar has weird plumes and this is probably my first time dealing with this - so any help would with your exp. shares would be amazing

3. I am still unsure if this is a legit cigar though it came from a legit source but you never know

any feedback is much much appreciated

PS - pardon my hobbit hairy feet

20230720_154828.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The plain packaged cigar looks like it has pretty standard "plume" mold. These cigars are fairly new so I would assume it was kept in extremely moist conditions. 

The banded one based on your description sounds like it's also overly humidified. 

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

What are you seeing? It's a fairly low-res image so I can't really draw a conclusion one way or the other. 

Well again I might be wrong, but based on 3 things that I put the coloured lines on, I guess this might be fake. 
Purple color: the white part on the tainos head is not equally aligned. Typical on fake cohibas.

Dark blue color: the gap on the gold hologram on the top and bottom should be at the same size.

Light blue color: the bottom and top part of the checker board have to be equal. This looks like a bit off.

IMG_0625.jpeg

On 9/18/2023 at 1:58 AM, Adisaputra said:

ell again I might be wrong, but based on 3 things that I put the coloured lines on, I guess this might be fake. 
Purple color: the white part on the tainos head is not equally aligned. Typical on fake cohibas.

Dark blue color: the gap on the gold hologram on the top and bottom should be at the same size.

Light blue color: the bottom and top part of the checker board have to be equal. This looks like a bit off.

These are all pretty common things found on real cohiba bands. Now with that being said, they are also all very common things found on fake cohiba bands. :covereyes:

I would hope that on a stick such as the 55th anny these flaws wouldn't be the case, but it is Cuba after all and wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'd say you'd have to just trust the source in order to be assured it's legit.