Stainless Steel MON3800A or Remington Lite Cabinet Humidor?

dms99

Hi all,

I'm running out of space and need some suggestions on which one of these cabinet humidors I should go for. I prefer the look of the new stainless steel MON3800A but I'm concerned that it's coming from overseas and support may be limited. The Remington lite doesn't look as appealing but I've seen it listed for under $2500 at times. Also it comes with free shipping on several sites

I'm looking to spend no more than $3300-3500. I'm hoping to get some suggestions from some of you knowledgeable folks. I'm located in NY.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Raching-Black-Titanium-Stainless-Steel-MON3800A_1600576823196.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.48aa21f0UtZNcE

https://yourelegantbar.com/products/remington-lite-cigar-humidor

• Like 1

I've been the owner of a Remington v1 for quite a number of years now and have done a few write ups.  What I will say is that I've been happy with my Remington but had the Raching MON3800 (don't like the stainless) been available at the time I would have jumped at it.

The Raching seems more designed with a purpose in mind while the Remington came across as a retrofit.  Just the shelving design alone the Raching has seems to have a clear design win versus the Remington tab style shelves.

• Like 1

I’ve bought the mon3800a back in 2020, my experience has been positive. Easy to set up kept the cigars in good condition

my only concern is that you have to careful how many boxes you put in each shelf, if you put too many boxes  air doesn’t circulate and humidity drops. 

Overall  I’m happy with it and would buy it again 

• Like 2

My suggestion is to look at a vault from Vigilant and then use your own cigar oasis for humidification (ask them not to spec humidification). They are custom made to order, but man was it worth the wait. It's right in your price range and you can get a unit exactly how you want it. I also was able to fit my entire collection in the vault - including the entirety of the Remington and six additional 50L tupperdors, with some room for trays as well.

https://vigilantinc.com/product/cigar-humidor-vault-2000/

I often left my Remington off most of the time - only turning it on for the light - as the refrigeration-to-dehumidify units often get in a hell cycle of "oh it's too humid, let me dehumidify with air conditioning" - "oh crap, now it's too cold, let me heat it back up" - "oh no, now it's too humid..." and so on and so forth. Especially during the summer months when ambient humidity is challenging in the northeast.

I had a Remington in Espresso and now have a Vault 2000 from Vigilant and I couldn't be happier. I am in New Jersey. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

IMG_1927.jpeg.9b4e470e135731a89ebc22113dcaa773.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LizardGizmo said:

My suggestion is to look at a vault from Vigilant and then use your own cigar oasis for humidification (ask them not to spec humidification). They are custom made to order, but man was it worth the wait. It's right in your price range and you can get a unit exactly how you want it. I also was able to fit my entire collection in the vault - including the entirety of the Remington and six additional 50L tupperdors, with some room for trays as well.

https://vigilantinc.com/product/cigar-humidor-vault-2000/

I often left my Remington off most of the time - only turning it on for the light - as the refrigeration-to-dehumidify units often get in a hell cycle of "oh it's too humid, let me dehumidify with air conditioning" - "oh crap, now it's too cold, let me heat it back up" - "oh no, now it's too humid..." and so on and so forth. Especially during the summer months when ambient humidity is challenging in the northeast.

I had a Remington in Espresso and now have a Vault 2000 from Vigilant and I couldn't be happier. I am in New Jersey. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

IMG_1927.jpeg.9b4e470e135731a89ebc22113dcaa773.jpeg

That is a thing of beauty. How do you keep the cigars cool in the Summer months? We don't run the AC all day during the Summer months when no one is home so I need a way to keep the cigars cool during those months. I checked their selections but I don't believe they offer any cooling options with their humidors.

• Like 2