Video Review - Montecristo Supremos LE 2019 - GEM ENE 20

MoeFOH

Sounds like a hit or miss.  Ive got a couple sticks in my humidor and wasn't sure what to expect.  Ill sit on them for a while longer then give them a go....:)

I think they got some duds. Or maybe I got some winners. I liked the Supremos quite a bit. Deep and rich, very brownie-like. Tasted like the best DEs I've had. Scored mine 93-94. 

But as I said the WE was just as enjoyable although different. Much more milk chocolate in the WE, much like a PE. In fact I find the WE to be like what I would think a great 10-year old PE would taste like. 

• Like 4

....that was one crappy cigar :rolleyes:

I have had far better. Still, that generic Montecristo cadbury family block milk chocolate bar. One trick. Decent trick. Good NC's such as Padron still get criticised for being one trick ponies. I would rather jump on any of those 1926/1964 ponies. 

Monte 2/Monte4/3/2/1 etc. More than fine. Especial is brilliant. 

I have yet to find a reason to pay an LE premium for Monte. I don't believe the Monte blend profile lends itself to big ring gauges as they seem to "wash out". 

Personal opinion obviously! 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2023 at 4:31 PM, El Presidente said:

I don't believe the Monte blend profile lends itself to big ring gauges as they seem to "wash out"

I think they do a decent job with the DE and I wouldn't exactly call the PE washed out. But the WE is brilliant. I don't think I could blend a Monte better. Looking forward to what you think of it.