Bhk 52

Stoyan

Hi. I recently found some bhk 52 with strange bands. Upper golden line is smaller than the bottom one. Other than that everything seems good. I’ve been buying from this guy for some time, and this is the first time I have doubts. Have you ever seen bands like this?

D586C651-9B64-4341-9679-78732CBE6C1C.png

14AEE4CB-94A2-4B22-B47C-5ED5BF0B05AD.jpeg

0FEE18F1-D8CC-4AFD-90F5-5015A537B0F4.jpeg

E83411D2-F7CF-4698-A7A9-7C55D7F4F45A.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The gold band thicknesses are a bit variable on genuine BHK. In and of itself that isn't something to worry about.

That said, there are plenty of fake BHK around that use seemingly genuine bands or very close to them.

No UV ink on the BHK bands, but you should definitely UV the seal and look to see if there are small numbers or a hole in the lower left leaves portion of the UV ink printed crest. Also check if the serial is appropriate for the box date.

Also could check the microprint in the hologram of the bands with 60x magnification (should see BEHIKE repeating in the heads). Again not definitive as some fakes seem to have genuine bands.

In general, BHK are not a good cigar to buy from "a guy," no matter how well credentialed he is or how good the cigars look. One of the most heavily counterfeited cigars in the world right now.

Also you should do the math on what you are paying for them. No reason that anybody anywhere would be discounting these. If it seems too good to be true, it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1