2017 Warped Futuro 109

Almost posted this in the daily smoke thread  but I then I thought "oh what the hell, you are a long winded asshole anyway, might as well just make a review", and so, here I am.

Anyway, as for the cigar have been hanging on to a box of these for a while to see how they age. I always really liked the label and enjoyed the 109 cap, and the cigar wasn't bad either!

The thing with the Futuro though, is that (in my experience) it's powerful. Not necessarily in strength or body, but it's just really intense.

Upon lighting, they're still a kick-you-in-the-nuts (and ask YOU to apologize) Nicaraguan powerhouse. After almost 5 years of age, the black pepper cheap shots you in the jaw but pats you on the back with some floral notes for being a good sport.

Despite the intensity, the body hangs around a medium to medium full at times. If memory serves correct, it was more of a medium full when I first bought them so it does appear that the body has mellowed out some.

Want to know what hasn't mellowed out? The got-damned intensity. That's right, halfway through and it's still blasting me with pepper but also has some delectable leather, and faintly sweet earthy cream. The pepper isn't necessarily bad though, it reminds me of how it can be fun to eat something that is fiery hot but also delicious. Or dating a really attractive woman that also has a penchant for slapping you upside the head at random intervals. 

Now entering the final 1/3, the pepper has finally relented somewhat, but is certainly still there. However, there is a very nice savoriness that has entered that bounces between charred meats and butter, which is very enjoyable. Any hint of sweetness from earlier has dissipated though and has become a bit dry, but not in a bad way.

All in all, this was an enjoyable smoke. I think when I first bought these I was still smoking only NCs, and with now smoking more CCs, my sensitivity to spice & pepper is a bit more heightened. Of course, if you don't like spicy Nicaraguans, then this one is certainly not for you. On the other hand, if you're the type that likes a bold smoke, give this one a shot! 

1FBF193B-4597-459C-8DF9-7F2F63BEFEFC.jpeg

• Like 1