Montecristo Dumas SOU ABR 20 (XNYRW2)

FYI, I did the vacuum sealer thing and it was a total failure.  I vacuum seal every box I have (hundreds of boxes) and my fridge/freezer is full of stuff in vacuum sealed bags.  So I consider myself quite skilled at using the machine.   So I tried it on my loose cigar.  It did nothing.  It did crack the wrapper and make the situation worse however.  I actually have pics and did a review as it was a KSA cuban cigar.  I'll post on it eventually.   Perhaps it works on smaller cigars, but it did not work on my 50rg cigar.

I will say even with a crappy draw and a wrapper that I had to remove due the vacuum seal, the cigar was one of the best cigars I've had in 2021!

• Like 3

Hmm that's unfortunate. What vacuum sealer do you have? I've seen a pretty big range of vacuum strength and I'm curious if yours might've been too powerful for individual cigars.

Given your feedback I won't seek out a vacuum sealer just for this use case, but maybe I'll set them aside and if I ever end up with one, will try it out anyways. As it stands now, underfilled cigars are just such an unfortunate waste of time.

According to the Cuban cigar weight guide the Dumas should weigh in at 11.58 Grams. Weigh a bunch to determine the possible underfilled cigars. that way you won't inadvertently vacuum seal the properly filled ones if that's the path you go down. 

• Like 2