Brief Rundown of CCs I've Tried Thus Far

DrStogie

Great write up. I'm a newbie to CC's as well with only a couple of years of experimentation trying to find my favorites. As far as suggestions- San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe. Along with the Partagas short you mentioned, one of my favorite minutos. Also don't forget Bolivars!

• Like 2

Definitely. I did forget I’ve also been looking to get some BBFs in my rotation for awhile. They sound right up my ally and from what I heard they’re the pinnacle of consistency. The big things missing from my humidor right now are figurados and dcs. I also want more long skinnies but those are all hard to come by and  very expensive for me right now 

• 11 months later...
On 12/10/2021 at 12:40 PM, DrStogie said:

What are your thoughts? Any suggestions to try next?

I'm in a very similar position with very similar quandaries. I might suggest running through some of the smaller ring gauges I don't see represented. Perhaps Bolivar, Vegas Robaina? I also like the hyd ep1. I have not encountered the grassiness you noted from the 2s in the epicures. I did, however, get smacked with a ton of off-putting grassiness on the regalias I tried recently. In it's defense, I smoked it right off the porch. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/25/2022 at 12:27 PM, Lamboinee said:

I'm in a very similar position with very similar quandaries. I might suggest running through some of the smaller ring gauges I don't see represented. Perhaps Bolivar, Vegas Robaina? I also like the hyd ep1. I have not encountered the grassiness you noted from the 2s in the epicures. I did, however, get smacked with a ton of off-putting grassiness on the regalias I tried recently. In it's defense, I smoked it right off the porch. 

I agree with you. I think smoking something like a San Cristobal Principe would be a nice change/additional experience to this list. Curious how they might compare it to the Partagas Shorts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alephilmac said:

San Cristobal Principe would be a nice change/additional experience to this list. Curious how they might compare it to the Partagas Shorts.

I tend to smoke Principes in the morning with coffee while Party Shorts after dinner when for whatever reason I do not have the time or desire for a larger cigar.

• Like 1