Can't keep stable temp in wineador (Audew 300)

jonnyfromiranny

I recently switched to a wineador during summertime because my temp in my coolidor has been running around 71-72f. Problem is that temp in my coolidor fluctuates nightly from 63-67f (see screenshot). RH seems to be fine with the fluctuations because of my heartfealt beads. Should I be worried?

IMG_01D3F8D51D48-1.jpeg.b98588cf851c60fdb5d949b589c0c68f.jpeg

Looks like you are taking the max and min over a week and not the same day. If you look at the graph, the range over the recent days seem to be about 1-2 degrees. I don't think that is a problem. If you are really concerned then see about putting the unit in a more temp stable area.

It also looks like the unit is stabilizing still so additional time may see less fluctuations.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 9:04 PM, Baccy said:

Would you guys say that Audew is a better brand than Newair wineadors? I'm about to get one. Just researching...

Audew seems to just toss their name on a humidor type that's sold around the world under various names. Who actually makes them I have no idea. Maybe it's something with China having less strict IP and everyone stealing the exact bits for their humidor. Don't know. 

That said, and owning a few audews, I don't know that it's better, but it is fairly priced for a thermoelectric humidor. 

Newairs discontinue so quickly. I have no idea if their support. The only reason I'd pay so much is if the newair had a compressor to cool it.

Audew does a fine job keeping temp and humidity, especially after you plug the drain hole in the bottom. It's so cheap that if you do break it you can easily replace it.

20 hours ago, Meesterjojo said:

Audew seems to just toss their name on a humidor type that's sold around the world under various names. Who actually makes them I have no idea. Maybe it's something with China having less strict IP and everyone stealing the exact bits for their humidor. Don't know. 

That said, and owning a few audews, I don't know that it's better, but it is fairly priced for a thermoelectric humidor. 

Newairs discontinue so quickly. I have no idea if their support. The only reason I'd pay so much is if the newair had a compressor to cool it.

Audew does a fine job keeping temp and humidity, especially after you plug the drain hole in the bottom. It's so cheap that if you do break it you can easily replace it.

Yea I'm liking the look of the Newair 840 but its proving difficult to find in stock atm... It has good reviews too. 

51 minutes ago, Baccy said:

Yea I'm liking the look of the Newair 840 but its proving difficult to find in stock atm... It has good reviews too. 

Is that their new one? That's $1400? If so I'd think you're better off with one of the raching models at that price. Lots of positive reviews of them here. 

1 hour ago, Meesterjojo said:

Is that their new one? That's $1400? If so I'd think you're better off with one of the raching models at that price. Lots of positive reviews of them here. 

Yea it's a bit pricey. If money were no object I would get a nice Aristocrat w/ full climate control, but I will check into the Raching models.

• 1 year later...
On 9/1/2021 at 11:55 PM, Meesterjojo said:

Audew does a fine job keeping temp and humidity, especially after you plug the drain hole in the bottom.

Hey there, I've had my Audew unit for the last few months and have been wondering about plugging this drain hole you speak of. I may be dense, but for whatever reason I just cant seem to find where it's at!! Any hints for me? My model is the one with a deeper sliding drawer and I believe 4 other sliding cedar shelves. Appreciate any help! 

I’d stick away from plugging it, as it’s there for a good reason. Search the forum for flooded coolidors. Nightmare fuel. 

Typically the drain hole is on the back of the unit below the fan or at the very bottom in the middle. 

• Like 2