while on the EPL...

gunners fans have had very little to be happy about this season but the news that Willan wants to move should on at least provide us with some cheer. unfortunately, management will want to get something for him. 

there is an excellent and often very funny blog for gunners fans called arseblog. this was his view of Willan moving. he is not a fan. 

“I don't know how much a 32 year old who has scored the same amount of goals this season as Liverpool's keeper actually fetches in the open market. Not much, and a 32 year old with the same amount of goals this season as Liverpool's keeper who is on massive wages is an even less attractive proposition. So for me, he's like a half-decent piece of old furniture you leave on top of a skip so anyone passing by can just come along and take it if they want. Free to a good home and all that. 

I should make it clear: I'm not at all concerned about the quality of the home. It could be a velociraptor's sex dungeon for all I care.”

• Like 1

Great news. I, too, follow arseblog and a few days ago it was mentioned that only 2-3 players could be considered "untouchable" when it comes to clearing the decks this summer. For me, untouchables would be Saka, ESR, Tierney and Martinelli. 

Willian and Luiz absolutely needs to go. Arteta needs to get Bellerin back on board, otherwise, the marriage is getting stale. Xhaka and Laca isn't mobile enough for what we want to achieve. 

2 minutes ago, Meklown said:

Great news. I, too, follow arseblog and a few days ago it was mentioned that only 2-3 players could be considered "untouchable" when it comes to clearing the decks this summer. For me, untouchables would be Saka, ESR, Tierney and Martinelli. 

Willian and Luiz absolutely needs to go. Arteta needs to get Bellerin back on board, otherwise, the marriage is getting stale. Xhaka and Laca isn't mobile enough for what we want to achieve. 

i think bellerin is gone. 

20 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i think bellerin is gone. 

This one makes me a little sad. I had enjoyed watching him break through from the academy and play with such freedom. since his injury troubles a few years ago he lost a yard of pace and never seemed to play with the same swagger any more. Also seems a relatively sensible bloke off the field though with footballers it's likely to be a curated public image.

If he goes, we will need a long term replacement. The current senior alternatives are a nightmare, while there doesn't seem to be any from the academy that is on the verge of stepping up. 

9 minutes ago, Meklown said:

This one makes me a little sad. I had enjoyed watching him break through from the academy and play with such freedom. since his injury troubles a few years ago he lost a yard of pace and never seemed to play with the same swagger any more. Also seems a relatively sensible bloke off the field though with footballers it's likely to be a curated public image.

If he goes, we will need a long term replacement. The current senior alternatives are a nightmare, while there doesn't seem to be any from the academy that is on the verge of stepping up. 

great to see them getting some of the young guys on contract but a very long way to go. nothing in europe next year will not help recruitment.