Slow speed/ gateway errors

Bijan

Hi @MoeFOH. I know you're looking into it. But one data point from me: I'm seeing the slowdown on home wifi, if I disable wifi on my phone and use the cell network instead I see no slowdown so there might be a network/ISP connection, maybe with your content distribution network.

@MoeFOHThe forum has been loading very slowly via both wifi and cell service for me for at least the past ~16 hours.  Reloading the page usually works, but lots of lag and 504 errors.

6 hours ago, Bijan said:

Hi @MoeFOH. I know you're looking into it. But one data point from me: I'm seeing the slowdown on home wifi, if I disable wifi on my phone and use the cell network instead I see no slowdown so there might be a network/ISP connection, maybe with your content distribution network.

3 hours ago, yvr said:

@MoeFOHThe forum has been loading very slowly via both wifi and cell service for me for at least the past ~16 hours.  Reloading the page usually works, but lots of lag and 504 errors.

Thanks guys. We resolved some tech issues last night and it seemed to be humming again. Just getting back on now, so I'll see how we're travelling. Have you still got lag issues at present?

For any users still experiencing a lag/timeout issue...

While we're working on getting to the core problem, a short-term workaround would be to use an alternate route into the site... e.g. A VPN from a different server location to what you currently use or, as @Bijan has done, switching to mobile data as opposed to your usual wi-fi connection. 

Bear with us, we'll get there. Thanks for your patience. 

• Like 1

Just now, MoeFOH said:

Bijan, how's your speed on wifi now?

It's weird haven't had as many issues on the laptop, but had to flip my phone to data a few times today. I have a feeling it might be getting better.

2 minutes ago, Bijan said:

It's weird haven't had as many issues on the laptop, but had to flip my phone to data a few times today. I have a feeling it might be getting better.

Ok. If you wouldn't mind clearing your browser cache on both devices and seeing how you go from there it would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

Ok. If you wouldn't mind clearing your browser cache on both devices and seeing how you go from there it would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Cleared cache on phone and laptop. Phone immediately felt faster but might be placebo.

I'll update this thread if/when I next hit a loading error.