Vigilant - Reliance 1000 End Table All Wood Analog

Struck a deal to buy a used Vigilant Reliance 1000 End Table (all wood) Analog humidification system for $600 (retail new $2700). On the surface this seems like a no-brainer.  Am I missing something with regards to the analog system?  Seller assured me it works like a charm he just gave up the hobby.  It also comes with all his gear - lighters, cutters, travel packs for lighters, ash tray, etc. 

I don’t know much about cooling and humidification systems but I’m assuming I can retrofit an analog system with an upgraded combo cooling/humidification system, right? 

When it seems too good to be true I hesitate.  Any advice/input is appreciated   

-Thirds 

• 8 months later...
On 6/20/2019 at 5:49 PM, db13 said:

Last month I bought a used Vigilant Display 1500 Traditional (analog) for $450. As for now it remains an expensive piece of furniture until I put the funds together $$$$ to retrofit it to turn it into a temperature controlled cabinet (I'm in California and the summers here are nasty hot).

On 6/20/2019 at 6:29 PM, Thirds said:

Picked it up tonight.  Quality construction and humidity control fires right up.  I’ll have to do some tear he on what it takes to add the temp control.  Good luck on your project. 

Have you guys had any luck getting those things set up/ working properly? They make some beautiful products, but there doesn't seem to be a ton of information out there about their quality or reliability. Im thinking about getting one of those in wall units and any insight would be much appreciated! 

6 minutes ago, swipes5g said:

Have you guys had any luck getting those things set up/ working properly? They make some beautiful products, but there doesn't seem to be a ton of information out there about their quality or reliability. Im thinking about getting one of those in wall units and any insight would be much appreciated! 

I never did anything with the temp control aspect.  I have it in my office and office is always below 70 degrees.  It’s is incredibly stable and I’m very glad I picked it up.  The only difference now is that it’s jam packed.  

Just now, Thirds said:

I never did anything with the temp control aspect.  I have it in my office and office is always below 70 degrees.  It’s is incredibly stable and I’m very glad I picked it up.  The only difference now is that it’s jam packed.  

Nice! I would have also have mine in the house (temp controlled).