Bolivar Royal Coronas 2009 (BWRC)

Appearance was nice, glossy sheen which was appealing.

Aroma, fresh smell of cinnamon and spice.

1/3 - began with cinnamon and a slight spice that was pleasant. This lasted approximately 10/15 minutes or so, with the spice dropping off. After that the issues began. There was no visible issue with construction. Pull was good not to open or tight. But, the cigar kept going out even after super quick pulls. For whatever reason, it would not stay lit. I fumbled with this for the next 15 minutes while trying to keep this going, no such luck.

I eventually abandoned ship and gave up.

Now I've had other bolivares from the same box without issue, I'm hoping this was a one off dud.

Overall - 20/100 due to the issues above.

From memory the previous bolivares I've experienced where great. So rather than deter me I will have another go round next time.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my review.

2e4e651046d3b83f7e1a2bff759bca39.jpg55a0f6c31f63667f12711de0ee69d07f.jpgf5a52a51c1be0f0f648c330931cbf735.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Is the title should be Bolivar Libertador 2009 (BWRC) instead? Coz the BRC does not have LCDH band but Libertador has (and the size is longer too).

Anyway, it is sad to see that good looking cigar being ended up to a huge disappointment (I had the same experience with Partagas Series 1 EL 17 but even worse due to fireproof wrapper). ?

• Like 2

Is the title should be Bolivar Libertador 2009 (BWRC) instead? Coz the BRC does not have LCDH band but Libertador has (and the size is longer too).

Anyway, it is sad to see that good looking cigar being ended up to a huge disappointment (I had the same experience with Partagas Series 1 EL 17 but even worse due to fireproof wrapper). 
Hi there,

Thank you. As you can tell I'm very much a rookie and made the mistake of throwing away the box without labelling the cigars. So, I googled it and thought it was the closest. But thank you for the correction.@lonesomehabanoaficionado

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cigar_83 said:

Hi there,

Thank you. As you can tell I'm very much a rookie and made the mistake of throwing away the box without labelling the cigars. So, I googled it and thought it was the closest. But thank you for the correction.@lonesomehabanoaficionado

No problem! I was also once rookie who had lots of confusion about CCs! Me and other FOH members are always around to assist you ?!

By the way, you use the Stinky Cigar Ashtray like me! Mine is standard 4-stirrups Stinky Cigar Ashtray and what about yours?

No problem! I was also once rookie who had lots of confusion about CCs! Me and other FOH members are always around to assist you !

By the way, you use the Stinky Cigar Ashtray like me! Mine is standard 4-stirrups Stinky Cigar Ashtray and what about yours?

Thank you, it's much appreciated.

Yes that's the Stinky Ashtray I have as well, really can't go wrong it. I left mine outside all winter and it's completely fine, looks brand new.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cigar_83 said:

Thank you, it's much appreciated.

Yes that's the Stinky Ashtray I have as well, really can't go wrong it. I left mine outside all winter and it's completely fine, looks brand new.

Much agreed! Stinky Cigar Ashtray is a hassle free cigar ashtray on the market! Because of this, I do not find reasons to buy $$$$ cigar ashtrays anymore (for cigar cutter I will buy Xikar Xi1 Red)! ?

Much agreed! Stinky Cigar Ashtray is a hassle free cigar ashtray on the market! Because of this, I do not find reasons to buy $$$$ cigar ashtrays anymore (for cigar cutter I will buy Xikar Xi1 Red)! 
What lighter do you recommend? I bought one (see attached) it's already not functioning!!027bb77fe08432149e766a16ba9fe207.jpg

55 minutes ago, Cigar_83 said:

What lighter do you recommend? I bought one (see attached) it's already not functioning!!027bb77fe08432149e766a16ba9fe207.jpg

I currently have Xikar Executive II and FOH Lighter (both of them are single flame torch lighters). For cigar lighters, I personally recommend Xikar Executive II (be careful not to drop it on the ground since this creates some scratches on it!, it has lifetime warranty which is useful when your lighter has a problem) and FOH Lighter (also have lifetime warranty, contact FOH when it doesn't function properly) since they are super reliable, easy to control and yet powerful enough to light the cigars. I also suggest to look single flame tabletop torch lighters like Blazer ES1000 as they have more fuel capacity and firepower than pocket torch lighters. For luxurious option, S.T. Dupont Maxijet is a great, reliable and sleek single flame torch lighter but it is more expensive than other torch lighters including tabletop ones.

There are other torch lighters with dual, triple and quad flames on the market as well, but they can be a double-edged sword since they can scorch the cigars into the oblivion (less accurate), spend more fuel than single flame. Because of this, I suggest you to stick with the single flame torch lighters mostly. Also, don't forget to use good quality of butane such as Vector (5x Refined) and Xikar (3x Refined, has High Altitude option) as impure butane can actually damage the torch lighters (I envy you that you have more butane options than me)!

I currently have Xikar Executive II and FOH Lighter (both of them are single flame torch lighters). For cigar lighters, I personally recommend Xikar Executive II (be careful not to drop it on the ground since this creates some scratches on it!, it has lifetime warranty which is useful when your lighter has a problem) and FOH Lighter (also have lifetime warranty, contact FOH when it doesn't function properly) since they are super reliable, easy to control and yet powerful enough to light the cigars. I also suggest to look single flame tabletop torch lighters like Blazer ES1000 as they have more fuel capacity and firepower than pocket torch lighters. For luxurious option, S.T. Dupont Maxijet is a great, reliable and sleek single flame torch lighter but it is more expensive than other torch lighters including tabletop ones.

There are other torch lighters with dual, triple and quad flames on the market as well, but they can be a double-edged sword since they can scorch the cigars into the oblivion (less accurate), spend more fuel than single flame. Because of this, I suggest you to stick with the single flame torch lighters mostly. Also, don't forget to use good quality of butane such as Vector (5x Refined) and Xikar (3x Refined, has High Altitude option) as impure butane can actually damage the torch lighters (I envy you that you have more butane options than me)!
Awesome thanks for all that info. I'll take a look at the different options and make a decision. I suspect the butane I have may not be pure, I'll have to check, which I think is why my current lighter is not working. Also, when holding down the switch it gets super hot almost to the point it starts burning my thumb lol. Definitely looking for something new.
Thanks again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cigar_83 said:
Awesome thanks for all that info. I'll take a look at the different options and make a decision. I suspect the butane I have may not be pure, I'll have to check, which I think is why my current lighter is not working. Also, when holding down the switch it gets super hot almost to the point it starts burning my thumb lol. Definitely looking for something new. Thanks again.

Yes, the low quality butane clogs torch lighter which makes it unable to ignite. Also, the dust can jam torch lighter too so you might want to clean the nozzle with air dust spray. Besides, every torch lighter will being ended up non usable in someday regardless of price, but mediocre torch lighters don't last long. Hence, it is important to use reliable high quality torch lighters like the ones as I mentioned in the previous post. 

I feel glad that my advice is helpful to you! Feel free to ask me if you have more questions. ?