San Cristobal De La Habana - La Punta LGR NOV 17 (SSTRW)

This is a cigar I tend to enjoy a lot. I did one Thursday night and one Friday night. They were both from the same box, but the one I smoked Friday was a little tighter and didnt burn nearly as perfect. The wrapper had a beautiful chocolate hue to it. The first third started out dominated with a hay and cedar coming though the most prevalently, all with an underlying sweetness. Towards the end of the 1/3 the cedar flavor started to give way to a nuttiness and a combination of baking spices. During the 2/3 I was often reminded of gingerbread cookies, that spice, zest, and sweetness that all work so well together. Moving into the final third of the cigar some of the sweetness was giving way. The profile shifted nicely into an earthiness.  Leather, rich tobacco, mushrooms, and something of a walnut flavor. I read one review from another member that noted this final third as having a “forest floor” profile.  When I read that I thought it did a great job of summarizing the combination of flavors I was experiencing.  I felt like this cigar was at or below medium, definitely not an over powering cigar.  Thank you for reading, and good luck to all the entries! 

IMG_7610.JPG

• Like 1