Romeo y Julieta Petit Royales SMA/LGR JUN 18 (RyJRW)

Grabbed a sampler of 6 of these last month, they've only been resting in the tupperdore (62% RH) for about 20 days, but I saw the review weekend and had to fire one up. So not quite ROTT, but not exactly 'rested' either.

Beautiful looking stick, nice red-ish wrapper with a little sheen. Felt a little overfilled though.

The draw was far too firm, not far away from totally plugged - so I brought out the trusty perfect draw. After a couple of pokes the draw was still slightly on the firmer side, but much better.

Pic1Small.thumb.png.3c98748255d308738ede09176df5e047.png

Opening

Flavour wise the opening was very pleasant. Light red fruits, nutty toasted tobacco and a little cream, but I'd be damned if I could get a decent amount of smoke output from it. I gave it a couple of minutes to see if it'd open up but things only got worse, so it was back to using the perfect draw.

The draw was now much looser, but unbelievably I was still getting only a tiny amount of smoke from this thing. Very frustrating.

Pic2Small.thumb.png.80ed885978d0c4981d4083ec053f754a.png

1st Half

By this point the cigar was now essentially just a glorified incense stick. All the flavours were muted to the point of being almost non-existent. I was close to ditching the thing, but I persevered for the purpose of this review ?

Pic3Small.thumb.png.cbd1be38db1c6154ce20a5653b367bb3.png

2nd Half

Not much change - smoke output continued to be whisper thin despite a now loose draw. The only positive points were that the burn line was good and I never had to do any touch ups or relights.

The cigar finally started produced some decent smoke during the last half inch, but it was just hot and bitter. Time to ditch it.

Pic4Small.thumb.png.c23a5af4eeebd88fa7a364e6faf22792.png

I reckon this one was maybe still a bit wet - think I'll let the rest acclimatise for 2 or 3 months before trying again.

Was glad when this one ended.

Pts - 60

• Like 3