Partagas Serie D No. 5 Edicion Limitada 2008 Still not there

For the past 2 years I have been smoking the Partagas Serie D #5 EL 2008, each time I think they still need more time. I smoked one 2 days ago and I really had to leave it alone, way to harsh and strong. Maybe it's going through a very bad Sick Period, but then again after 11 years ?? 

Any other smokers had this same issue with this Habano, since this is my second Box and they have all been like this, just way to harsh and bitter. 

11 hours ago, poolmar said:

what humidity are they stored at ?

I Store them at 65% Humidity and 68 Temperature. I really think either they are going through a Sick Period, since the rest of my Habanos smoke great. But these are just Harsh to the point where you have to stop smoking them. 

9 hours ago, toledo1969 said:

I Store them at 65% Humidity and 68 Temperature. I really think either they are going through a Sick Period, since the rest of my Habanos smoke great. But these are just Harsh to the point where you have to stop smoking them. 

well an 11 year old sick period is a bit long TBH... i had a box many years ago and d not remember them being this bad..have you tried dry boxing a stick before smoking ? i know you store them at 65 but taking them down to 60 or even storing at 72% it could make a lot of difference to how it smokes.

I think you have to get used to the idea that you just have a crap box (or that this release in general, is crap). It happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lotusguy said:

I think you have to get used to the idea that you just have a crap box (or that this release in general, is crap). It happens.

yes i think so...but i would try an experiment try one dry and try one wet..you never know