SSS-WRC: Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure de Luxe JUN 16

I recently bought a 10 box of these thinking that they may bring the finest attributes of the typical HDM flavors.  I was wrong and pleasantly so.  The draw was perfect even though the cigar felt slightly soft. How quickly it smoked (about an hour) was the only disappointment.  The flavors as I experienced them were roasted nuts with a light dusting of nutmeg, toasted tobacco and burnt sugar - like you'd experience on a creme brûlée.  I kept trying to think of what other marca it reminded me of since it sure isn't like a No. 2 or an Especial.  Then it hit me.  Rob was nice enough to include an H. Upmann Magnum 54 in a purchase I'd made previously. If you told that cigar to do its best impression of a Hoyo de Monterrey, I think this is what you'd end up with.  Smoked it until my fingertips hurt and was still disappointed it had to end.  

I'm probably still smarting from my Chiefs getting knocked out by Brady and his gang, but Rams 31 Pats 27

IMG_0810.jpeg

IMG_0812.jpeg

IMG_0813.jpeg

• Like 4

Love a good Hoyo! Even better when your sitting in the Outlaw cigar shop, where Cuban cigars there are a curse word, lol. Love it!! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Outdoorguy84 said:

Love a good Hoyo! Even better when your sitting in the Outlaw cigar shop, where Cuban cigars there are a curse word, lol. Love it!! 

They don't seem to mind me too much.  About every third time I walk in, I buy something from their humidor and ask them to donate it.  Once they have enough, they'll send them to soldiers overseas.  Win/win in my book

• Like 2