Ramon Allones Perfectos RE Suiza RAE Sep 14 FFR

This is the fifth RA Perfectos, a Swiss Regional Edition, that I have had from this box.  I am a sucker for the retro band, and the Britanicas Extra vitola just feels special in your hand.  Earlier sticks had some burn issues though, so let's see...

Drink pairing: Irish whiskey highball (Powers John's Lane + sparking water).

First third: Opens with classic RA fruit notes, although shading towards darker fruits; currants and bramble.  Some cream. Draw is nice and firm. Good smoke volume.

Second third: Dark chocolate emerges. There's a charred meat note that reminds me of the RA Extra, which I do enjoy.  As it progresses, fruit cake becomes more prominent.  At this point, the draw tightens up, which is easily fixed by clipping a little bit more off the head.  I'm getting some clotted cream on the retrohale.

Final third:  Fruits are gone.  The dominant flavour is cream, and a biscuity note that is reminiscent of a good HUPC.  Not a typical RA finish but very enjoyable.

Conclusion: Definitely the best one I've had, and I would score it a solid 92.  No burn issues at all.  It seems to have come good now, and I was pleasantly surprised by the ebb and flow as it was smoked down, so I'd say smoke 'em if you got 'em.  Which brings us to The Problem with 10-Count Boxes of Limited Releases - by the time you've tracked their evolution, dammit, half the box is gone and you have a job trying to get your hands on more.

AE85B2F2-8AF5-4C2B-BB64-C4DD4801975E.jpeg

ECE62658-E1FC-4E69-924E-271F067860C5.jpeg

• Like 4

On 1/27/2019 at 11:15 AM, SirVantes said:

Which brings us to The Problem with 10-Count Boxes of Limited Releases - by the time you've tracked their evolution, dammit, half the box is gone and you have a job trying to get your hands on more.

This is surely a feature not a bug, from HSA's perspective! 

13 hours ago, RDB said:

This is surely a feature not a bug, from HSA's perspective! 

But HSA doesn't benefit from secondary sales after the production run has been sold.  But I guess they do benefit from the FOMO.  And they can always do a second run, like they did for the Estupendos.  Yeah, I know, don't give them ideas.