FOH in Miami Beach?

We are arriving tomorrow for a week.

Can meet for a drink or coffee? We love to meet our FOH friends all over the world.

Only true shame is I am not smoking this week. See my other thread about dental shite. But drinking beer and or whiskey? Oh. Yeah. And Mr. beaver loves a cigar with a glass of lovely wine.

Cheers!

CB

Spent lots of time in Miami. Wish I was there now as I'm not a cold weather person...

My recommendations: Blue Bottle in the Design District -- Their waffles are insanely good. Pairs well with any coffee. Also, directly across the street the side of the building is a painting of nature/birds. Pretty neat.

Must go: Wynwood! My favorite place in Miami. If you don't want the detour or stop at Blue Bottle, Wynwood has Panther Coffee, and it is easily same quality as Blue Bottle. Those are top 2 coffee roasters in Miami. While there, I also eat at Coyo Taco every time. Delicious, can't get enough of them. Even former president Obama ate their recently :ok: I think there is a picture of that somewhere.

Finally, for cigars I have *heard* that StripSteak restaurant in Fontainebleau (South Beach) has an impressive collection of pre-embargo Habanos that you can smoke there. Every time I've gone, I always forget about this. If you do go check it out, let me know if they have any left!

Have fun and let me know if you need any other recommendations.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:09 PM, canadianbeaver said:

We are arriving tomorrow for a week.

Can meet for a drink or coffee? We love to meet our FOH friends all over the world.

Only true shame is I am not smoking this week. See my other thread about dental shite. But drinking beer and or whiskey? Oh. Yeah. And Mr. beaver loves a cigar with a glass of lovely wine.

Cheers!

CB

Ah man I would’ve loved to meet up but I will be in Italy this week. Otherwise I am in Miami. Even if you’re not smoking it would be cool to check out little Havana. One of the great things is that many of the rollers and workers in the Miami cigar factories are former Cuban rollers/factory managers/ etc and they are like fountains of knowledge and free to speak openly about any Cuban cigar questions you might have. If you make it there I recommend Guantanamera Cigars (lively joint with a little bar, coffee, live music and a very authentic Cuban vibe) - run by a great dude and his wife. I’d also recommend El Titan de Bronze - family owned factory with many rollers. They make a small house brand but also contract cigars for other brands.

Thanks guys! Best cigars we have found so far are in of all places, Aventura Mall! Beautiful kiosk with our favourite NC’s, stored beautifully. Got a couple of Ashton VSG’s and a couple of La Aurora Tubo Green and Black!

CB