Cabinet humidor issues

Hi guys I'm in need of your help. I just received my aristocrat humidor and I'm having a big difference in rh from top to bottom (about 10%). I have noticed the bottom is cooler than the top so I'm sure this is having an effect on the RH. I didn't expect the rh and temp to be unified throughout but I also wasn't expecting a 10% difference. Any suggestions? Thought about ditching the set and forget for a bunch of boveda packs. Maybe that's crazy, I dont know lol. Is the rh difference possibly resulting from the temperature difference from top to bottom? Heat rises so I assume the RH would be higher on the bottom. Not sure. I don't have on the temperature control if that helps at all. Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I ended up taking one of the humidifiers out in my  M+ THC.  Found that keeping the temp at 70 and humidity at 61 works for me. Its a learning curve, I find in the winter months my unit stays cooler on the bottom 65f and 65h, compared to 70f and 61h on the top. The cigars seem to be the same as far as moisture content.  My Aristocrat is literally packed, so the amount  of cigars will have a bearing also. You will figure it out, and if you can't, I'll come haul it off for you?. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I don't have experience with Aristocrats specifically, but in general I've found that box placement and airflow seem to go a long way in tall humidors. I typically see ~1-2% difference in RH and ~.5° in temp in my tower. Prior to adding an additional 4 fans on 2 different shelves to pull air up, I was seeing ~5%+ difference in RH and ~2-3°+ in temperature.

Screenshot_20190122-163625.jpg

• Like 1

I ended up taking one of the humidifiers out in my  M+ THC.  Found that keeping the temp at 70 and humidity at 61 works for me. Its a learning curve, I find in the winter months my unit stays cooler on the bottom 65f and 65h, compared to 70f and 61h on the top. The cigars seem to be the same as far as moisture content.  My Aristocrat is literally packed, so the amount  of cigars will have a bearing also. You will figure it out, and if you can't, I'll come haul it off for you. Hope this helps.
Thanks! Every bit helps!

I have a 10 year old aristocrat MXT cabinet with cooling. You mentioned that you just got yours? It took mine about a month to settle in and season. I keep mine at 69 degrees and 62rh. That seems to be the sweet spot for mine. 

It also does better when its full. ;+)

Just keep at it and skip the Boveda packs.  You already invested in a better system in my opinion. Give it it a couple of weeks  if you still have the issue at that point just call Bob, he’ll take good care of you  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KGM said:

I don't have experience with Aristocrats specifically, but in general I've found that box placement and airflow seem to go a long way in tall humidors. I typically see ~1-2% difference in RH and ~.5° in temp in my tower. Prior to adding an additional 4 fans on 2 different shelves to pull air up, I was seeing ~5%+ difference in RH and ~2-3°+ in temperature.

Screenshot_20190122-163625.jpg

What system is this?  I’m a large storage noob.  But, I’m a nerd.  This has perked my curiosity.  

I have an M plus that is literally packed.  I'm careful to keep the boxes in the back on each shelf pulled away from the back wall to help with air flow from the humidifiers that are in the bottom back of the humi.  I have typically seen a difference of 3-5% from the reading on the set/forget digital hygrometer at the top and calibrated Xikar hygrometers on the third shelf.

Check your fans and make sure they're set to run on a frequent schedule. 

Ambient rH and temp in the room your humi is located may be high and that will be having some effect on your ability to have a stable rH inside the humi.  The point that was made about your humi being new, and if you have a lot of stock in there that hasn't stabilized,  may also be affecting the rH stability. 

I would not use anything but the set and forget system that came with the humidor.  It's a very good system, imho.   

27 minutes ago, KKFF said:

What system is this?  I’m a large storage noob.  But, I’m a nerd.  This has perked my curiosity.  

http://wirelesstag.net/

I've been using mine for about 3 years now, and they've been great. Long term storage of data and access is free. You can see stuff like the seasonal temperature affects on my humidor over 3 years or the affect rearranging boxes on December 1st had on my RH. Dips in RH on the short graph are me opening her up. I've set mine to trigger a push notification to my phone for temp and RH outside of my preferred norms. Could do a lot more with it, but haven't found the need for any IFTT setup. More just for awareness than anything else. You can also see the triangles of empty data where I forgot to replace batteries. lol

Screenshot_20190122-173058.jpg

Screenshot_20190122-173022.jpg

Screenshot_20190122-174116-2.jpg

1 hour ago, KGM said:

http://wirelesstag.net/

I've been using mine for about 3 years now, and they've been great. Long term storage of data and access is free. You can see stuff like the seasonal temperature affects on my humidor over 3 years or the affect rearranging boxes on December 1st had on my RH. Dips in RH on the short graph are me opening her up. I've set mine to trigger a push notification to my phone for temp and RH outside of my preferred norms. Could do a lot more with it, but haven't found the need for any IFTT setup. More just for awareness than anything else. You can also see the triangles of empty data where I forgot to replace batteries. lol

Screenshot_20190122-173058.jpg

Screenshot_20190122-173022.jpg

Screenshot_20190122-174116-2.jpg

That’s sweet.  Maybe I’ll get around to buying a cab some day. This looks awesome for large units.   Thanks for the heads up!