A La Carte Review: H. Upmann Anejados

Guest Nekhyludov

Nice review! I've always enjoyed the Monte Churchill Anejados quite a bit, but the others ... I agree with you, they just seem muddled.

Ive smoked a few of these now, and they’ve all tickled my pickle. I may have stumbled on a good box I guess! The whole aged programme definitely has the forum divided! Hope of you light another one up it’s performance is more on point! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thedame007 said:

Ive smoked a few of these now, and they’ve all tickled my pickle. I may have stumbled on a good box I guess! The whole aged programme definitely has the forum divided! Hope of you light another one up it’s performance is more on point! 

Great to hear that! Out of curiosity, what’s the code on your box?

7 minutes ago, PrairieSmoke said:

Great to hear that! Out of curiosity, what’s the code on your box?

LEM JUN 2011 

I had to recheck the box then, as I’ve just seen that makes it 4 years younger than yours. Which seems crazy!

1ABD4DE3-A3B4-4BFF-816D-BC7988C20FF6.jpeg

F5DCF995-D12F-4FB8-B94F-5C1E295BE739.jpeg

6 minutes ago, thedame007 said:

LEM JUN 2011 

I had to recheck the box then, as I’ve just seen that makes it 4 years younger than yours. Which seems crazy!

1ABD4DE3-A3B4-4BFF-816D-BC7988C20FF6.jpeg

F5DCF995-D12F-4FB8-B94F-5C1E295BE739.jpeg

Yeah that’s a big difference. The whole Anejados thing is a little opaque. Thanks for checking. ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PrairieSmoke said:

Yeah that’s a big difference. The whole Anejados thing is a little opaque. Thanks for checking. ?

My pleasure - guess it means I need to smoke through the rest of the box in the next year or two, just to keep the flavours going! Thanks again for the review, very helpful!!

• Like 1

Had the opposite experience with a few '07 singles. Mostly starting out slowly, but then developing very nicely. My last one was even very good, and very Upmann. Didn't keep note of the exact box code, but a problem of these Anejados seems to be that they are way too inhomogeneous.

• Like 1

I didn’t think the upmann could be 2007 as they were the latest to be released of the series, I believe released last year. So if they are supposed to be aged 6-7 years wouldn’t all the first released boxes be 2011?
The monte, RyJ, Partagas and hoyo had 2007 codes. This is what makes this anejados series so questionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, havanaclub said:

I didn’t think the upmann could be 2007 as they were the latest to be released of the series, I believe released last year. So if they are supposed to be aged 6-7 years wouldn’t all the first released boxes be 2011?
The monte, RyJ, Partagas and hoyo had 2007 codes. This is what makes this anejados series so questionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don’t understand how it works. I found the guys did a FoH video review and they had the exact same code I smoked.