What's Hot, What's Not : "Tales from the warehouse" September 18

19 minutes ago, juri said:

I know In Cuba they have factory’s that roll multiple brands and I’ve heard ppl say things like “ a lot of Cohiba and other high end are coming from this code” so do they just have really low end places just pump out crap just to keep up with demand or something?

No. 

Some factories are better run than others but that is not a constant as managers and key personnel change (El Laguito is a case in point).  Well run factories have a culture that translates to pride (pride in work place, pride in each other, pride in product).  You will find these individuals in all factories but good leadership is required to up the ante and deliver consistency. 

It is a herculean task.  Motivating people who are paid  $20 a month is awfully difficult.  Good managers who can do it, who can create such an environment are gold. they seldom last (but that is a topic for another day). 

The average factory has an average manager & management team. . The poor factory a poor one.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As someone once told me " It's basically luck of the draw"
There good boxes and bad boxes coming out of every factory. Hopefully lady luck is on your side when the $800 box of Esplendidos arrive. Or for me when my $120 box arrives.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

On 10/16/2018 at 7:10 PM, prodigy said:

Rob has sources that inspect all cigars leaving Cuba. I'm sure he can tell you what the quality is like around the globe. emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

? The cigars come from PCC don't they? Are you saying PCC inspect every cigar leaving cuba?

Ah! Silly me. The emojis were just broken picture links on my phone. I'm guessing there was a winky face?

Ah! Silly me. The emojis were just broken picture links on my phone. I'm guessing there was a winky face?
Crying laughing. It was pure sarcasm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk