Santiago de Cuba rum

I posted this in another thread but maybe is more helpful here where other people can add some light. 

For those who are in the Cuban rum game this might be interesting.

Since the begining of the year Santiago de Cuba was hard to find in Cuba. I could check that last June. I let to buy a bottle of aged Santiago in the airport but there was just Santiago carta blanca (3 years). As it wasn't a big issue I didn't buy anything (there were all Club Havana).

Some weeks ago I received the info that Santiago de Cuba is about to begin being imported to  Brazil. And then someone told me that they should be already on the shelves but (and now the interesting part) no Santiago de Cuba rum was being produced in Cuba because the bottles are produced in Mexico and because of some USA/MEXICO/CUBA/TRUMP shit Mexico wasn't allowed to export bottles to Cuba anymore.

The result of all this is that the bottles now are produced in another country (can't remember which one) and we will see a little difference in the "new" bottles, something in the neck of the bottle. 

The most important is that the liquid is the same but there are rumors that Santiago 11 years will be discontinued (people say 11 is better 12).