HdM San Juan AUM ABR 15 - Up yours! Ode to the 53+ RG review comp

jmg

Have a 15 pack of tubos of these bought blind from an online vendor at a price i could not pass. As mentioned in my du Prince review, HdM is one of my top 3 fav marcas. Only thing wrong with the San Juans ares the size. But as mentioned, they were priced really good so I thought it shouldnt hurt to pick them up and try em out.

Cold draw is sweet tobacco. Lights up and starts with a sweet cream thats, kind of hollow, light tobacco and leather and floral hints. I'm not familiar with flowers so I can never articulate the floral notes that I get in cigars but whenever i get them, its nice. One of my fav C&Cs is the RyJ CenC and it is floral throughout.

Back to the San Juan. 2nd third fills in the cream texture that was hollow in the first. Still hollow but not as much. Burn is a bit wonky but nothing a quick touch up wont fix. The light tobacco and leather come forward a bit and starting to get a mild black coffee in the mix.

3rd third, the cream has faded and the coffee comes forward with the tobacco and leather backing it up. the cigar starts to get bitter with about 3 cm left so out it goes.

All in all, a decent cigar. I love the epicure lines for that full on Hoyo cream so I was expecting that from this as well. I think the size and maybe its youth attribute to the hollow cream feeling. Or maybe this is just a different blend alltogether. I'm glad i have these tubos to try out but i honestly think I'd be hard pressed to spring for more. I'd rather get some Epi 1/2s or EEs. So sad for the princes.bb4f8a497c0652bef806a94cec706284.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the review. I don't mind these, but I do advocate longer-term resting of the 'Le Hoyo' series cigars (to allow time for their creamy texture to come to the fore), and of course the San Juan was only released in 2014.