Cohiba Siglo VI LTB AGO 13: Ode to the 47 to 52 gauge review week

Guest Nekhyludov

Guest Nekhyludov

Dimensions: 52 x 5 7/8"

Box Code: LTB AGO 13

Thus large cigar has an attractive, bright, colorado wrapper with a fine leathery texture. The construction feels a bit soft at the foot, with visible gaps in the bunching. Otherwise, well constructed - stick straight, with a nice rollers dimple.

It lights easily and produces an even burn and a flaky gray/white ash. The initial profile is mild, grassy, with a bit of earth. The aroma is pleasantly spicy.

After a bland start, characteristic Cohiba flavors emerge at the beginning of the second third, with a floral white pepper note.

20170513_173526.thumb.jpg.de79a074f180011f13c14951965d94d3.jpg

A profound shift occurs near the midpoint. A fuller, leathery base emerges. The floral lemongrass and white pepper sharpens.

20170513_174416.thumb.jpg.cefd3cb1fef87699314cf8ed3cf71116.jpg

The final third loses some pepper, but an almond paste note emerges over a rich, leather base. The aroma finishes with a sea salt note. Pairs well with Sachang Lapsong. Beautiful smoke, but a lesser representation of the marca. 

Score: 92

Guest Nekhyludov
52 minutes ago, TheMonk said:

A bit surprised by your score, I actually find the Sig VI one of the best Cohibas!

Yeah, I think I'm in the minority on this one. The SigVI just never really clicked for me. 

At 4 odd yrs, perhaps a touch young?  Give them another few  yrs to stew