Hoya de Monterrey Epicure No. 1 TEA SEP 16 : Ode to the 43 to 46 gauge review week.

Cigar being reviewed:  Hoya de Monterrey Epicure No. 1 TEA SEP 16  - Smoked on Friday 5/26 at 8:15pm.

Pre-light: Subtle aroma of hay and tobacco. I choose a V-cut and gently toasted the foot with a torch lighter. 

1/3: The draw was perfect. I'm not good at identifying subtle flavors, but I noticed what I'd describe as hay, nuts, and a touch of cream. Strength was medium. 

2/3: As I moved into the 2/3 of the cigar, the nuts became more pronounced, but never dominated the other flavors I was tasting including toasted tobacco and hay. Strength remained medium. 

3/3: As I entered the home stretch, nuts and toasted tobacco remained the primary flavor until the cigar turned 1/2 through the final 3rd. Strength was medium. 

This was certainly and adolescent cigar, but it had some class. I only decided to smoke this cigar to establish a baseline for the future. I've had this box for just over 30 days and I look forward trying another in 6 months or so.

Total smoking time: 1 hr. 30 minutes. 

IMG_0329.thumb.JPG.fa53e3b64fbdba34ddef5abb3dc3b4be.JPG

• Like 2