Bolivar Petit Coronas ETP MAR 16: Ode to the 40 and 42 gauge review week

Found time today for one more review. 

This one is from my second box of these, the first one was a '14 box I smoked through in less than a year. These were my first ever box purchase and first real CC so they will always be a favorite. 

Great construction, wrappers are darker than my last box. Went with a punch cut and paired with ice water with a wedge of lemon as usual. 

First third:

-starts out toasted tobacco, chocolate, and coffee. Tons of smoke off the foot, almost looks like a drew estate for those who've had anything by him. Little cedar mixed in from time to time. Rich smoke. Some spice on the throat.

Second third:

-earthy, chocolate, and leather. Can't decide if its milk chocolate or chocolate and cream. Spice died down but still leaves a little tingle on the throat. Still some hints of coffee.

Final third:

-pretty much the same as the 2nd third. I was enjoying it so much I started to smoke too fast getting some bitterness. 

I love these little guys, very strong, full, and rich. These are what got me hooked on petit coronas. Great construction with ash holding on for an inch or so at a time and tons of smoke( could t get a good picture to show).  Going to have to pick up some tubos to see how they compare as they are mentioned quite a bit around here. 

-Jayme

IMG_4249.JPG

IMG_4250.JPG

IMG_4251.JPG

IMG_4260.JPG

• Like 2

Guest Nekhyludov

I really enjoyed my recent BPC, too. It's definitely going on the Boxes To Buy list. 

5 minutes ago, Nekhyludov said:

I really enjoyed my recent BPC, too. It's definitely going on the Boxes To Buy list. 

That list seems to get longer every day for me..... haha.

A great PC, hopefully I can get a box or 2 and keep my hands off the for a while to see how they age.