Paratagás Mille Fleur Single: Ode to the 40 and 42 review week

Nice review. May have to pick up a box. How similar / dissimilar are they to their Petit Coronas Especiales?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Paratagás Mille Fleur

(Petite Corona, single, no box code)

I’m new to this whole review thing, so here goes.

Aroma at cold was a little grassy, pleasantly so.  This was a beautifully constructed cigar with a light Colorado wrapper and a box press.  My guillotine cut revealed a very nice draw and so it proved the whole smoke down.

This was certainly a cigar of thirds. 

1/3.  It started off grassy with very soft white pepper undertones, very smooth and creamy.  I could taste earth and leather and toasted tobacco.  Just when I was thinking how well this cigar would pair with a Laphroaig 10 year old single malt (what cigar wouldn’t?) I got a flash of flavour, fleeting, then gone.  This happened for much of the first third.  I couldn’t name it but it was there – something sweet and fruity, but in a dried out kind of way.  The body was medium.  It was proving to be a very enjoyable smoke with a terrific burn line.

Moving into the 2/3 now, the spine of the cigar asserted itself:  leather and pepper with the body becoming fuller, medium-full.  The ‘Cuban twang’ - I’ve understood this to mean leather and pepper.  So the twang was there bossing the flavour around.

3/3 Leather and pepper at the expense of everything else.  Medium-ful body with lots of smoke to the very end.

I must be smoking slowly at the moment as this clocked in at 90 minutes, I timed it.

It was only as I laid the cigar to rest, that it occurred to me.  That fleeting flavour at the start that I was searching for the rest of the cigar through:  dried peaches.   Dried peaches, not a flavour profile I’d not associate with Paratagás before.

This was a very good everyday cigar.  I’d certainly entertain the thought of buying a box.  Paratagás Mille Fleurs are said to age beautifully 5-10 years.  I suspect my cigar was fairly fresh.  Not that I’m complaining.

IMG_7941.thumb.jpg.7d22f3815e9fadb49c04105b888d6168.jpg

IMG_7942.thumb.jpg.5ce9f8bf42ef70c0768b6233cdb8880e.jpg

IMG_7943.thumb.jpg.c9a0bb6d13949faa0d13e39e0716253d.jpg

IMG_7944.thumb.jpg.b584c94e5daf47cb3c399722f8897937.jpg

IMG_7945.thumb.jpg.c71b91ce79b222a38aeeade2472efe71.jpg

IMG_7946.thumb.jpg.8b0aa117be6bd0d531a80cc407e731ed.jpg

Nice review, glad I have 5 resting....gotta try em.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk