Some days it's all I can do to go to work....

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

So when is the last time you just said...."screw it"....I am not going in :D

In my case it was yesterday.  25cm of snow is not good for Monday morning traffic... so I worked from home - but managed to finish early.  Really enjoy working from home from time to time.  Should do it way more often.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

To be honest.... years.  UGH. 

I've taken scheduled time off, but have not played hooky in way too long.... (can i put that on the calendar/agenda, or does it defeat the purpose??) <_<

I fight the urge frequently, it usually passes once I have showered.  However recently I managed to make it all the way to my truck and was putting in reverse when I said "nope can't deal with it today."  Went back inside called in and went back to bed.  In the words of Ferris Bueller "Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I know exactly the last time I thought that; 3rd September 2012, the day I decided I was going to quit my job after 12 years with the company.

*When I was a 19 year old fresh faced teen I'd gotten myself hired at our local Kroger store to only work, unfortunately, for a louse and a tyrant who liked pushing around and being very abusive to his young and fresh-faced staff. So having been the victim of his bullying one too many times I just called in sick one day (and for me, believe me - this was quite astounding for ME!  Our folks had instilled in us work-ethics plus+++). But I was pissed and felt my loyalty to him quashed and debilitated to the Nth degree. So out-sick I called...and to the movies I went! And that was the BEST movie visit I'd enjoyed in my life!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1