Mini review Onset HOBO temp/humidity data logger -Bluetooth

Saxman

Being new to CCs, and being a long time nerd, I was intrigued by the posting on this forum regarding temperature and Rh control.

@PiggyFish posts fascinated me as I could tell he was for sure a geek when it came to this subject. I took a chance and contacted him via DM and asked if he would mentor me through some of these subjects.

Graciously excepted and we've had several ongoing conversations regarding the storage of my cigars. Of these discussions, one of the most important ones for me has been regarding the use of a data logger so that I could learn from data when it comes to storing my cigars.

He recommended that I might try the onset HOBO Bluetooth data logger. I was able to pick one of these up on Amazon for $137 and I soon as I got it I knew I I had made a wise choice with Piggyfish's recombination.

This small data logger is easy to use, easy to set up, and provides ongoing data regarding temperature and relative humidity inside my coolador. Although I've only been using it about two weeks, I get a lot of information from being able to see the minute by minute differences in both temperature and relative humidity over time by just looking at an app on my phone.

I had some serious moisture issues with my cigars, and thanks to Piggyfish's advice and looking at data on a daily basis,on this data logger I've been able to experiment and get my temperature and Rh stabilized.

I know that a lot has been said already on these forms around these two subjects, so I won't going to details, but suffice it to say that we being able to look at data such as the example I posted below at any time without ever having to open the humidor, is for me very interesting and very enlightening.

By looking at this data I can see when my cigars are being depleted of moisture, or indeed when moisture is been added to them.

It did take a bit of time and some more suggestions from Piggyfish to really learn to read the data in an appropriate manner. I am still learning, and the ability to zoom in on data, so that I can look at the entire time I've had the log , on or even just the last five minutes. Is a great asset.

The data logger also lets you export the data in several different formats so that you can share them with others, or you can simply snap a picture as I've done below. On the chart below you will see clear indications of every time I open the coolador, the temperature variance, throughout the day inside the unit, and how dramatically the RH changes when I open that door.

If you're into data at all, and don't want to keep on opening your humidor in order to see temperature or Rh, I highly recommend this purchase as it will provide you with an education.

Also I'm sure @PiggyFish will correct anything I've mis-stated here and I welcome that.

Below is a link to the product, as well as a picture of my latest graph this is the graph from the time I started the data logger to a few minutes ago.

Link

Data Logger, Temp/Humidity, Bluetooth https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VTQFFR2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Uus8xbD0T64QA

e2138501046ec1ee4dabaae17c1d240f.png

79f536ac827ab78256f63c821039e3e5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saxman

• Like 1