Sometimes a cigar makes a night

Caught the Indians second straight win vs. Detroit, all but clinching their division and stamping a trip to the playoffs.  Friends got hammered and bailed.  Walked back to my car and grabbed an Upmann.  72 with a beautiful breeze.  

Bummed a a light from a stranger.  "Ahh a stogie, nice" he said.  Wandered the streets of Cleveland at 1 am, beautiful and quiet.  Reminisced of all the times I've had, my good fortune to be where I am.  Expecting my first child in February.  Took a long time to get to this point.  I'm grateful.  

Its not always about the cigar, sometimes it's about the moment, the experience.  Tonight was a good night.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

For me, smoking cigars is not about the bands or white whale checklist anymore. It's about slowing down, taking a break from life, spending time with a friend, or reflecting on things. Those whom get caught up too much in the cigar are missing out...
  • Like 3

A great cigar can certainly help make a special night memorable. For myself, lost a dear grand-aunt this last week and spent most nights on the deck with one of many prized cigars. Not sad as much as celebrating a great life after all, she was 96 years old and had survived a Japanese firing squad in the Phillipeans during the end of WWII. She came to the United States after the war was over and traveled the world while married to a man she truly loved. My daughter is named after her. Having the wake tomorrow and the service will be later in the week. Cheers to Aunt Anne!

RIP Aunt Anne. She sounds like a great woman!! On the positive side, if anything like my Philippino relatives, you will do a great job celebrating her life and have a wonderful spread of food available.
  • Like 2