Questions regarding the exhaust and ventilation fans in wineadors

Trigga

Hi All,

So I've done some extensive reading, but haven't been able to find a direct answer to this question.  I know there is talk about the fans changing the environment a bit to cool air, especially when opening the door to the wineador.

What I'm wondering is how wineador's that are not entirely sealed remain somewhat stable (or at least appear to when measuring in rH)?  I'm in the process of setting up a whynter dual zone wineador (Whynter CHC-321DD)  On the rear wall of the interior are two fans, which creates openings between the interior of the wineador and environment outside of itself for air to enter/escape .  I know many other's who have success with similar setups.  Anyone know how this is possible?  Is the air exchange negligible enough that something like heartfelt beads are able to buffer out major fluctuations?  I've always understood that the purpose of the humidor is to contain a somewhat controlled environment within itself, so to me, it seems that these fans defeat that purpose.

I would like to see pictures of what you are talking about if that is possible.

I had been meaning to post a video about air exchanges so that people better understand them. I have this YouBoob phobia, and I frankly never really like the videos that I make!

I will look at my latest and see if I want to post it publicly!

Getting back to you question, I have never seen this, and this make zero sense to me.

Cheers! -Piggy

9 minutes ago, PigFish said:

I would like to see pictures of what you are talking about if that is possible.

I had been meaning to post a video about air exchanges so that people better understand them. I have this YouBoob phobia, and I frankly never really like the videos that I make!

I will look at my latest and see if I want to post it publicly!

Getting back to you question, I have never seen this, and this make zero sense to me.

Cheers! -Piggy

Thank you for the quick response Piggy.

I'm not at home now, so I can't post pictures of mine, but I've found some similar looking ones online.  I'm attaching some pictures of a very popular option for wineador, the NewAir 281.  Mine has essentially the same fans on the back wall as the ones pictured.

attachment.jpg

aw-181e-interior2.jpg

There is a reason why this did not make sense to me. If your cooler is like this cooler, then you are simply mistaken. I don't like to make snap judgments like this so that I why I made the inquiry about the pictures.

In my estimation you are looking at a TE cooler and the interior and exterior of the device. You can research TE coolers on your own and don't need me to do that for you, but you will notice that the TE cooler is constructed such that the cold side and the hot side of the TE device are on opposite sides of each other. It is a 'sealed device' that would look like this: HOT|COLD whereas "|" (this symbol) represents a physical barrier ( the device itself) separating the heat sink mounted on each side of the device.

There is no open valve, of opening to the exterior. Now, you could have something different, and this I why I don't want to guess, and if you do, then you need to be more specific. So if you have some type of "vent" or access to the exterior, you would need to post the specific construction of your appliance in order for me to assess it!

Cheers! -Piggy

Okay, I think you've answered my questions.  My cooler is a thermoelectric one.  I just assumed that the cold side and the hot side were not separate.  I noticed there was a fan inside, as well as ventilation on the exterior, and so it seemed that air could pass through these areas in some manner.  I appreciate your speedy help!