Habanos Verification Website Reliability (your experience)

I've used it a few times and it has always matched up with the box I had.

I stopped using it because I wondered whether the purpose might not only be to help customers identify if their cigars are authentic, but also to identify vendors who have lots of stock ending up in the US... whether by direct sale or gray market. They could probably log the IP addresses to learn something about that

• Like 2

I agree with Professor Twain on both points. I have used the site and it has always returned the same results. However, I i am surprised that the site doesn't match the factory code on the back of the box too. It returns a serial like number, but I don't know what that is. What does this mean... HSA: 10.8006.01.0550, and what does this mean... UW-GPSR-M-n-25

Also, I have heard of some vendors shipping to the US who remove the bar codes to prevent detection.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 5/16/2016 at 1:13 AM, El Presidente said:

I had a member raise an issue as to a box of cigars that came up with a different type of box on the Habanos Verification Website.

Now, I have no need to use the verification website but for those who do use it regularly, have you ever experienced any amomalies? If so, let us know what they were.

Gracias ok.gif

Well when a wrong boxes shows up on the verification code is that the box being checked is likely counterfeit. 

For me it always worked and never found a counterfeit in my collection: know your source. What is sometime hard is to get the captcha correct.