BRC vs BCJ bands

Two total different sizes 42RG vs 50RG. However, should the embossing on the bands differ? For the Bolivar Royal Corona the embossing is clear while the BCJ isn't .. Anyone else has both and can confirm this? Both are from reputable sources just wanted to see what everyone thinks. Here is my example I tried to take as clear pics as I can. Thanks!

Bolivar Royal Corona

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2935.jpg

Bolivar Corona Junior

IMG_2936.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

All Fine!
Band embossing is not too decisive for telling on fakes rather than aiding in dating cigars.

As you will have noticed, these are different bands and band-sizes. The embossing, i.e. the stamp matrices for that are in use for years and then need beeing renewed occasionally due to wear and tear over years (you'll find some, while not systematic, but general info on that on CCW). Some of the older bands had been only slightly embossed right from the start. So, that is just fine. And yes, the embossing of the BRC rings is more pronounced than that of the BCJ.
  • Like 1

A bit of additional info on the newer large 'band C' you currently find on the BRC, showing a crisper embossing. That had been developed more recently for the special editions. You'll also find it e.g. on the LCDH Libertadores or the recent EL etc.. It seems this is now also beeing slapped onto the larger RG standard production, like the RC or BF. See pics below for comparison.

post-28516-0-59540600-1462710288_thumb.j

Left to right: BSC, Libertadores, BBF 2013, BBF 2008, BCE 2007, BCJ 2011

Notice the band change in the BBF

post-28516-0-94073000-1462710298_thumb.j

BBF 2013, BBF 2008, CJ 2011

• Like 2

Also note the word "Cuba" under the word Habana and the slightly different shades between the new and old. The dual use of the All white/brown and the Gilded/white/brown Montecristo bands through me for a loop a few years ago. But similar situation here I think. The newer bands are produced to higher standards (from what I've seen) than the old bands. But they will continue to use the old bands, stamps, ink, etc till they run out and switch entirely to the new.

If we're confused, think about how the counterfeiters must feel!

You're welcome gents!

And yes, well spotted, there are more differences to note over the years of course. Was just referring to the question of embossing here.

fcc9ddf7c8670c5293154b4fd754bf52.jpg

Cubancigarwebsite.com is a great site that details anything and everything on Cuban cigar production. The picture is a example of info that can be found on their site. Bookmark it, I use it frequently...hope you check it out and it helps for the future.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk