The unravelling of wrappers

We all know that if you remove the cap from a cigar, the wrapper will begin to unravel. God, how annoying is that??? Cutting too deep was a mistake I made several times at the start of my cigar-smoking days.

Anyway, my question is: Why does the wrapper never unravel from the foot of the cigar? Even with excessive handling. I've never had a wrapper begin to unravel from the foot. But when watching videos of cigar rolling, they don't appear to take any extra measures to adhere the wrapper at that end. Take this video for example. The lady rolling the cigars only appears to use 'goma' on the inside of the wrapper at the head of the cigar. The head also gets a cap on it, with plenty more glue. The foot has nothing to help keep the wrapper in place!

Come to think of it, why do we have the cap at all? If they can make a foot that doesn't unravel, why not have feet at both end, and save us the trouble of cutting? smile.png

The wrapper leaf itself holds it in place. Watch the video, or try and wrap a present in wrapping paper. The overlap of the wrap is why you don't need glue. It starts at the foot and goes like this: |/////

Ah, yes. This is why people shouldn't ask questions after several bourbons. smile.png I hadn't thought of it like that. Cheers!

It's Superconductor's fault. He started talking about Bourbons earlier today, and it all went downhill after that.

How much less would we know if the world had no bourbon...drinkers!

Circles Cigar Code:

(///////> - Figurados

|\\\\\\) - Parejos

|////////} - Parejos with Pigtail Cap

{/////////////) - Hamlet Flying Pig

Also, could be applied to specific sizes:

|\\\\\\) - Robusto

|////)- Petit Robusto

|\\\\\\\\\\\\) - Double Corona etc . . .

Brilliant Circles!

• Like 1